Battle of the Beasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Beasts

Heroes are born Heroes, Slayers are born Slayers. One possesses elemental powers, the other, arcane. Both are born due to the Gods' intervention. They are both protectors and destroyers of civilization. Which path will you take?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet
Money: 13500 pence
Beast Name: Breeze
Village Affiliation: Virtue City

Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) Empty
PostSubject: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 3:59 am

Peaceful as Virtue City was, today was not peaceful. Around 1:00 pm on a Thursday, Virtue city exploded. Bombs that had been hidden the night before had set off. At the sound of this, knights immediately headed out to find the intruder and rescue all the civilians. At the sound of this, james quickly got to work. He sat down, and wrote letters to Equilibrium and Ver'verd city. He knew Ver'verd city might not arrive on time; they were too far away. However, he thought if Arneaux received it, he could quickly arrive with Capilet. If he did not, he and Lupin would just have to do the best they could. Once they were sent, he turned to leave. As he did, he spotted a couple of Barbarians entering the village. He needed to act fast. He went to Lupin's room just as Lupin got out. He nodded, then went to go see the King.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet
Money: 15500 pence
Beast Name: Venku
Village Affiliation: City of Virtue

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:15 am

Lupin and James rushed to the throne room, but to no avail, they went to the King's quarters, and found him fully dressed and looking out a window to the battle down below.
"Good you're here, I just got up and discovered this horrible slaughter."
Lupin looked at the King's posture, seeing little worry on the man's face.
"I want you two, not to join the combat, but to find who planned this random assault."
"Yes sir, do you have any leads?"
The King sat down, looking out the window at the sky as he wiped some dirt off of his hands.
"Yes, I do, these barbarians seem to be from the High Nordic Hills, and they look like mercenaries."
"Yes sir we shall head off at once."
The King glared at Lupin from his sitting position, like a man enacting in a gambit.
"Go now, travel light, take the recruit with you, he's not seen battle."

Lupin bowed lowly and dragged James behind him as they left.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:32 am

James ran alongside with Breeze following. "Okay. Just to keep an eye on the village" James said. "I'm gonna get Breeze to get a duplicate for spying. We can keep an eye on the village while we're away." Breeze did what James said, and the duplicate flew off. They continued on, and reached Nordic Hills after a long and cold adventure up north. What they saw was a vast fort made of wooden pillars. There were no guards at the gateway. James went to sneak a peak in the middle of the gates. There were 2 men standing inside, sitting down and looking slightly bored. They looked very strong in physical strength. 1 was either a Hero or a Slayer. Just like Lupin and James, he also had a beast. He had a giant Bear with him. "That guard doesn't look like a joke. He probably has some sort of power as well. Judging by his bear, probably an Elemental power, so a Hero." he thought. "We best try and get some information. Shall we attack head on or have a drinking contest to soften him up?" he asked with a smirk.

"Oh yes, what's your name new recruit?" he asked.

Last edited by James Cooper on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:57 am

The recruit looked up at him.
"I'm Damien, we shouldn't talk, we have things to do."
Lupin nodded and focused on making to solid light darts, invisible and deadly, he then floated them into the hall, and shot them at the two guards. He heard a loud thump of a body and walked in.
Only the non-hero was slain, the hero himself had caught the dart, brought out his claymore, and charged.
"RAAAAAA!!!!" Fire flew everywhere as Lupin was thrown back into the wall.

Venku rushed in and tackled the bear to the ground.
"James! Help Lupin, now!" He demanded as he fought the fire bear.

Lupin stood, weary and saw that James and Damien were coming to help.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

"Curses. Fire! The one type I can not fight against. However, I can probably stall this guy until we can finish him" James thought. "Breeze, ice rope explosion!"

Breeze shot out an ice rope and wrapped around the Barbarian. Before he could act, the rope exploded. Tiny fragments of ice flew everywhere. James took this time to create an ice hammer and swing it at the Barbarian. The hammer melted on impact. James retreated a couple of steps back.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:56 am

Lupin staggered up and wiped water from his coat. He saw the barbarian kneeling in pain and took the time to lunge at the man, pulled out his sword, and struck on his strong leather armour, not really inflicting much. Damien however was readying his bow for the man's head, he released the arrow and it cut through the man's head.

The barbarian fell to the ground with a grunt.
"Damien, where'd you learn to do that?"
"I learned at the academy, let's move along."

Last edited by Lupin Ilano on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:44 am

"Not yet, forgot the bear?" James asked. The bear charged, and out from the bear's shadow flames erupted forming a flame version of the Barbarian. "Leave now" it whispered, and everyone was surrounded by 3 seperate fire tornados. Breeze called to James.

"Curses. Breeze sees a giant monster going towards the village. If we don't hurry this up, the monster will reach the city in 10 minutes, judging from the distance. I am unfortunately stuck, I can not do anything. It is up to you 2 to defeat the bear"

To prevent the fire from closing in, James tried his best to delay time by making ice walls and attempting to freeze the tornado.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 am

"I'm enjoying the Irony of that statement." Lupin said as the flames closed in, preventing their escape.
Lupin got his sword and swung at the bear, stopping it's charge. He turned to the flame barbarian and blocked a burning attack. Damien in the meantime was firing arrows at the bear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)   Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest of the Knights (Attack on Virtue City)
Page 1 of 1