Battle of the Beasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Beasts

Heroes are born Heroes, Slayers are born Slayers. One possesses elemental powers, the other, arcane. Both are born due to the Gods' intervention. They are both protectors and destroyers of civilization. Which path will you take?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Covert target elimination.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet
Money: 15500 pence
Beast Name: Venku
Village Affiliation: City of Virtue

Covert target elimination. Empty
PostSubject: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:16 am

Lupin sat, half a kilometer from the castle, examining the map he was given, it was written in French but he would fare. He waited for James to arrive by foot, they were not allowed to ride their steeds in the dark.
He took another look at his diagram:
Spoiler:

There were 36 targets in total, they were Daemonic men, cursed and ungovernable, that were to be taken down.

3 in the first room, marked as number 3.
4 heavily trained men in the guardroom, marked 4.
2 heavy guards in the prison marked 5.
5 archers in the archer's chamber marked 6.
8 in the small fort marked 7.
2 said to patrol the armory marked 8.
3 in the communal hall marked 9.
None in the kitchen as 10.
6 watchmen on the path around the battlements marked 11.
3 high knights on the terrace as 12.

He waited for his partner to arrive for the job.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet
Money: 13500 pence
Beast Name: Breeze
Village Affiliation: Virtue City

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:34 pm

James was walking as quickly as possible with Breeze flying alongside. He was annoyed, but he knew he wasn't allowed to ride. He finally got to Lupin. "Hey Lupin. What are we doing this late? Some sort of espionnage in a dusty ol castle? Whipping zombies and skeletons to reach Dracula? Or is this a demolition mission?"
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:02 am

"Hush your mouth boy. This is an espionage job to find and remove all the targets."
He looked at James' phoenix.
"You shouldn't have brought her, but now that you have, you must keep her small and silent."
He motioned for him to join him inside the doorway. He saw the first three targets and turned invisible, he snuck up behind one and waited for Cooper.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:45 am

"...Well, the note didn't say anything about Not bringing her. But ok, Breeze, grow pocket size"
She nodded, and became as small as an eraser. She flew into his pocket, and they moved along.

With the targets in sight, he took out his glove and put it on. He raised the gloved hand, and he froze water particules in the air, making tiny needles. He sent them flying forward, and some of the needles got caught into thin air.

"There are our targets. Let us strike"

He froze some water particules again and made an ice sword, and ran silently at them attempting to strike.

(FYI the glove is not enchanted, it prevents James' hand from freezing itself.)

Last edited by James Cooper on Mon May 24, 2010 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Lupin saw James swing at his target and take him down. Lupin jumped onto his own target, ramming his sword into the Daemonic man. He saw the third enemy in the room and froze the light around him, making him completely immobile, he ran up to him, and swung, decapitating it at it's throat.
"Three down, thirty three to go. We should go to the guardroom next, though their will be four heavy soldiers."
He motioned to James to follow him as he maid his way up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:46 pm

James followed Lupin. He did not know if they would pull the same tricks as the last 3. They got to the stairs, and at the top there was a locked door. "Stand back" James whispered, and made an ice hammer. He struck the door, and it crumpled down. Unfortunately, this disturbed the soldiers, and they turned. They charged immediately without hesitation.

James threw the sword as a distraction. With their back turned, James did not make a hesitation either. He swung the hammer, crushing the soldier he was after. He charged at another one and engaged a combat.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Lupin activated his shield and slammed one guard across his face, knocking him over. He picked the man up, and threw him off the high stairs. He saw James fighting with one and so he engaged the last guard. He blocked one swing and spun around, slicing the backs of the guard's knees, toppling him over. He stood above him and stabbed down into him, finishing him off. He saw that James finished off his opponent, and asked:
"Should we go to the fortress, the prison, or the archer's chamber?"
They had 29 left to take down.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:05 pm

"Lets take the fortress. It seems disconnected from the other areas, and I don't want to finish off there." James checked on Breeze, who was doing fine inside his pocket. For good measure, he brought the hammer down onto the guard's head. They left.

Once they arrived, there appeared to be no one at first. They entered, and as they got deeper, all the doors closed. "Ambush!" James yelled, and the 8 regular soldiers appeared. 2 of them had cannons, and they were about to be fired. "Your kidding!" he exclaimed, and Breeze got out of her pocket, enlarged, and shot ice shards at the cannons. They exploded, killing the 2 men beside the soldiers. The impact hurled 2 other men to the walls, but they were not dead. He charged at one of the weakened men, and swung his hammer.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:10 pm

"Three down five to go."
Lupin captured two men in a cage of light and brought them towards him, he drove his sword into one and caught the other by the arm. He saw the large window and rushed at it with the man inn tow. He flipped the man over the side of the window and spun to deflect an attack.
"Three on three is hardly a fair fight for them eh?"

He countered his attacker and broke the man's sword arm. He took his chance to finish the man and lay him on the ground.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:17 pm

There were 2 more men left, and Breeze shot out her "Ice rope" technique, and tangled the remaining men together. "You might want to look away" James said, and spikes shot out of the ropes and the ice ball. Blood flew everywhere. The doors opened again and out of the sky dropped a key. James grabbed it and suddenly had an urge to point it at the ceiling and say "I got the key" with a jingle playing in the background. But he didn't, and motioned for Lupin to head on over to the prison.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Lupin followed after James to the prison. The door burst open to them and so he shot a huge shard of light at the first guard, impaling him instantly. Lupin saw that the other guard was about to strike, so he jumped onto his back, and held him down by his neck.
"James! this one is yours!"
He continued to hold onto the struggling guard.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:32 pm

"I'm on it" James pointed at the guard, and Breeze did an icicle spear. "Lupin, jump off!" As Lupin jumped, Breeze went through the guard, and the guard fell. It left yet another bloody mess, and there was a big hole in him. Guts spilled out. "Gross" he said, and looked over to the cage. A Skeleton with some flesh lay there. "Well, we were too late for that one. I wonder what this key is for anyways? Right, onto the next room. Breeze, best be back in my pocket, kay?" Breeze nodded, and went inside. They headed for the archer's room, and as they entered flame arrows fired off immediately.
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Lupin was first in the room, and the second he saw the archers with fire arrows, he brandished his shield. He took most of the shots on his shield, and fell to one knee. He stood back up and produced a large light shield in between them and the opposition. "Cooper, do something. I can't hold this shield up forever."
Lupin concentrated on the shield and rammed all six archers into the wall with it. He kept them against the wall so that James could deal with them.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:47 pm

"Get back" James said. "This could freeze you" He took out his glove again, and concentrated. Ice formed over the six archers, covering first their bodies, then their legs, and finally their heads. So that the ice wouldn't melt releasing them, he got Breeze to create a blizzard in this room. It started snowing instantly, and the room suddenly became a frozen freezer. They got out, and he closed the door.

As they headed to the armory, they noticed a locked gate. "This must be where the key goes" he said and inserted the key. The door opened, and suits of armor were everywhere. There was a note, and he read it. It said:

2 suits of armor
But 7 in this room here
Which ones are living?

"Great, haikus. I hate them" he said. "Oh wait, there's a PS"

PS. If you don't get them correct in 3 tries the room will start flooding

As he read the PS, the doors locked. "We need knowledge and focus, not strength, to get past this room. Ideas?"

Last edited by James Cooper on Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Well, how about instead of seven small tries, we have one big try?"
Lupin charge up his energy and the light in the room dimmed and was absorbed inside him.
"James, let's just take them all out"
He focused on keeping the light's power inside him until James gave him a signal and they both released their attacks.

He saw however, that two of them moved, it was not much, but he knew that he found them with his plan. These men were afraid of their attack, and so, they were given away. He released his blast on one, while he signaled to the other.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:31 am

James prepared an attack, but as he did, water started rushing in. Slime oozed from the walls, and rats came out of their ratholes and ran underneath the doors to get away. James started to freeze the openings. "Looks like you'll have to finish off the last guy" he said, and tried to get the slime back inside too. Breeze came out of his pocket and tried to help. "Once your done, kindly bust both doors open. When we're out, I'm going to release the ice, potentially drowning the 3 men in the communal hall. Save us our time"
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:40 am

Lupin jumped at the remaining man, and pinned him to the ground, he lifted the man's helmet and took him out with his sword. He turned to see the room filling with water and slime. He ran at the door and kicked the lock. Something in the mechanics snapped. He kicked again and he heard a crunch of gears. He decided to try the handle, the door complied and fell thickly over. Lupin waved at James and they escaped the room and hid.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:06 am

James melted the ice patches, and the room started flooding once again. breeze went into James's pocket, and James shut the door, sealing an cracks and gaps with ice. It was soon completed drowned in water, and the remaining people inside drowned. They headed up the stairs. "Right we'll attack the Terace first then settle for the battlements. it shouldn't be too hard right?" They headed upwards. "Or, I have a better idea. We'll split up and each take a sector. How about that?"
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:11 am

Lupin looked at the map again.

Spoiler:

He decided that splitting up would be a fine plan.
"You take the battlements, and I'll take the terrace."
Lupin waved James off and headed for the terrace.

When he arrived, he found two well armored knights awaiting him.
He drew his sword and brought up his shield, he waited for his attacker's first strike. One of his opponents swung at him with a large battle axe, he dived out of the way and avoided the swing. The man pulled up his axe and swung horizontally this time, Lupin ducked and returned the favor by ramming his sword into the man's thigh. The man fell to the ground and yelled in a strange language, Lupin stood and rammed his blade into the man's neck.

The second knight came at him with his spear, Lupin blocked it and slammed his head. Lupin's foe stood and stabbed again, Lupin back flipped and shot light shards at the man's head, bouncing carelessly off. Lupin swung again at the man's spear this time, and broke it in half, the knight swung with his stumpy weapon, and knocked Lupin in his chest and off his feet. Lupin stood again holding his chest, and froze his opponent in light, he stabbed the man in his throat and let him fall down dead.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:24 am

He headed off towards the battlements. He saw the 6 men, and they pulled out crossbows and fired them. Lupin made an ice wall, and all the arrows fell to the ground. He made spikes on the ice wall, and made it move towards the wall. Most of them avoided it, but one guy didn't. He let out a scream, and then it was silent.

The rest of the men threw their crossbows at James and took out swords. breeze took this oppurtunity to come out, and she blew the crossbows back with a powerful gust of her wings. She then swooped onto one of them and tried to take out his eyes. While he was distracted, James launched an attack with his ice hammer. He swung it at another guy, knocking him out cold. The other 4 men charged at once, and James got the ice wall move backwards. He said "Look behind you" and they looked. With the distraction, he ran and jumped onto Breeze's back. She flew, but at a low altitude, and James made spikes on the other side of the wall. The men ran (including the one with its eyes out and the one that was previously knocked out cold), but Breeze made yet another ice wall. They were trapped, and the inevitable happened.

James proceeded to head over to Lupin by foot, expecting him to be done as well.

Last edited by James Cooper on Tue May 25, 2010 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov
Lupin Ilano

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:39 am

Lupin took his break, and sat down cross legged, forgetting that there was still one high knight left.

This left him open for attack, the high knight wore light armour and bore a longsword, and swung. Luckily, Lupin was trained to hear footsteps and quickly blocked the man's attack, he stood up and crossed blades with his attacker. The man wore a mask over his face, it was not for protection obviously, it seemed more to conceal his identity. Lupin stared into the man's eyes, and flashed light from his own, stunning the man for a crucial second. He took a quick step forward and punched the man in the stomach, letting him fall to the ground; he stood back up however and looked simply angry.
Lupin stood back in a halted stance and waited for another attack, his opponent provided that attack and so Lupin blocked the vertical chopping motion with a horizontal positioning of his blade. He pushed both blades upwards, and grabbed his opponent's in one hand and his opponent did the same. They struggled for a moment, the knight pushing Lupin to the edge, Lupin was about to fall when he kneed the man in the gut, grabbed both swords, and shoved them both into his chest. Lupin drew his sword out of the man, leaving the enemy's sword in him as he fell off of the terrace and into the raging ocean.

"We're done here Cooper."
Lupin said as he approached his partner.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:48 am

"Uh oh, BEHIND YOU" James yelled. As Lupin looked, he laughed. "Can you believe that's how I defeated the other enemies down at the battlements? Well anyways, let us get a move on..." Breeze enlarged, and both guys went onto Breeze's back. They headed home, feeling exhausted but still feeling great.

Meanwhile, in the castle, water from the sealed rooms had melted the ice on the door. The door burst open, and water rushed out. It eventually flooded the entire castle. Many days later, a curious adventurer decided to check inside the castle. He opened it, and water rushed out almost drowning the poor adventurer. He got up, shook himself off, and proceeded to go home and have a change of clothes. "Something, you don't experience every day" he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Covert target elimination.   Covert target elimination. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Covert target elimination.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle of the Beasts :: Training/Battling :: Practice Fights-
Jump to: