Battle of the Beasts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle of the Beasts

Heroes are born Heroes, Slayers are born Slayers. One possesses elemental powers, the other, arcane. Both are born due to the Gods' intervention. They are both protectors and destroyers of civilization. Which path will you take?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

James and Arneaux's quest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet
Money: 13500 pence
Beast Name: Breeze
Village Affiliation: Virtue City

James and Arneaux's quest Empty
PostSubject: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:07 am

James hurried along to King Durand's Castle once again. "Curse my stomach. "I didn't even EAT anything bad today" he thought. He got pass the bridge and entered the throne room, panting.

"I see your in....fine health. Well James, I have a quest for you"

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Once again, I will pair you up. If you complete this quest, you are allowed to go on solo missions in the future. This should be simple enough"

"What is it, your majesty?"

"You must assassinate the Emperor Tor in the Desert of Hettyc-Tuur"

James' heart pounded. He hated killing. He LOATHED killing. He avoided killing whenever possible. Sure, there were a couple of accidents, but he couldn't stop them in time. Killing creatures was ok, just as long as they attacked first or if they're needed for food, but people were a different story. He tried to hide his trembling, and continued to speak.

"Why do you need this emperor assassinated, your majesty?"

"We...aren't on good terms. I can not persuade him to stop any spies to enter the village. He will get too bothersome in the future. I need you to dispose of him, and bring me back his head as proof."

"Where...will I find my partner?"

"Head over to Equilibrium, you should meet him there. I've already sent a pidgeon to him in advance. He'll be waiting for you at the gates. Don't be late, and here's a map"

Kind Durand threw him a map, and James was sent out. "Just great, killing. I wonder what will happen next." With that, he went to Equilibrum to find his partner.

James and Arneaux's quest Goatte10

Last edited by James Cooper on Wed May 26, 2010 3:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet
Money: 0 Pences
Beast Name: Capilet
Village Affiliation: Equilibrium

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:22 am

Arneaux was relaxing in a field with Capilet. "Such a lovely day, hmm Capilet?".
"The sun and earth feel so warm and nice. I might just take a nap.". Suddenly, a bird flew through the trees and landed by Arneaux. It had a piece of parchment attached to it. Arneaux took it and read it. It seemed to be the summons of King Durand to aid one of his knights in a mission. "Seems like you won't be getting that lovely nap of yours. We have a job to do. This could pay off nicely."
"If we must. What is it we are doing?".
We must go to Desert of Hettyc-Tuur to aid a knight by the name of James Cooper... in the assassination of Emperor Tor.".
"How morbid.".
"Let us be on our way.".
Arneaux climbed onto Capilet and the headed over to the gate. After a short wait he could see James arriving, and waited as they would get acquainted.

Last edited by Arneaux Despotier on Sat May 22, 2010 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:32 am

While walking, james rethought everything over. "What if I can't do this? But if I don't I might get demoted. If I do, I will feel really bad afterwards. Tramautized, or something." He was looking down, and bumped into a tree.

He kept going, and went to the gates of Equilibrum. He saw a man at the gate with a giant insect. "Must be my partner. Where are you Breeze?" he shouted, and Breeze flew downwards onto his shoulder.

Once he reached the gates, he called out. "Hi, my name is James, nice to meet you!" he held out his hand. "On my shoulder is Breeze, my ice phoenix. I guess I'll be working with you in this mission."
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:39 am

Arneaux watched as the clumsy fellow called out to him. He smiled. Hello, Mr. Cooper. My name is Arneaux and this is Capilet. I've already been briefed on the mission so no need to explain. I take it you have the map to our location.". Arneaux walked forward and shook the man's hand. He could feel some nervousness in James. "Try not to worry.".
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:47 am

"Well....okay. Here's the map. I'll calculate the quickest route as we go along. I could try and and carry all of us, however I see that your centipede over there is long enough to carry us as well. Would you like to travel by air or land?" James asked as he smiled, trying to hide his concerns. Breeze sang out a sad song softly.
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:57 am

"I will be riding along the ground with Capilet if thats alright with you," Arneaux said as he glanced confidently at Capilet, "and if you wish, you and Breeze are welcome to ride with us.. Looking at Breeze, Arneaux could hardly believe that she would be able to lift even James himself off the ground. He could hear a sad sounding bird song coming from the phoenix. It brought a serious tone to this mission.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:33 am

"It'll be better if we could keep track of each other, so I guess I'll get on Capilet" James says, and with that they were off. They kept going, occasionally stopping for some rest. As they get nearer, vegetation got more scarce. It soon became very dry, and they were in the middle of the desert before they knew it. Breeze started getting slightly uncomfortable, but she was not worried...yet. James took a quick look at the map. "We're almost there, just a bit more north and we sh..."

Suddenly, a giant whirlpool of sand was in front, and out of it came crawling a bunch of sand worms and...Landsharks?

"Landsharks? What the heck?"

Breeze let out a cry.

"...Your right, as usual, no time for questions. Lets just kill these...things and get it over with."

Breeze enlarged, and James climbed onto her back. She flew, and sent out ice beams at the sand creatures.
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Capilet came to a halt as the whirlpool appeared, spewing out sand worms and Landsharks. Arneaux was amazed to see Breeze enlarge and fly up with James on her back. Refocusing on what was ahead, he jumped off of Capilet as he burrowed into the ground. Arneaux meanwhile dug both his hands into the ground, focused his energy, and raised a cannon made of rock out of the sand. Using combustible minerals as fuel, he fired off several rounds at the sharks. Capilet rose out of the ground, impaling a sand worm. Arneaux called out to James, "These shouldn't be a problem as long as we keep our cool and don't get reckless.".
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:30 pm

"All right then" he said, and jumped off Breeze, creating an icicle on the way down. As a Lanshark jumped up to take a bite, he impaled it with the icicle. It reduced to sand.
Several minutes passed, and more and more seemed to come out. "I think we should try ahnd seal up the whirlpool. I'll freeze it, and you...uh...do something else to seal it" He motioned for Breeze to get the whirlpool while he fought more sandworms and landhsharks. Breeze shot an ice beam onto the swirling vortex of sand.
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:47 am

"Your ice won't do much to that whirlpool. Its different from the ones in water. I think I can seal it.". As Capilet continued to kill Landsharks, Arneaux drew his Katzbalger and impaled it into the ground. It created three fissures running strait through the whirlpool. He then raised and lowered the ground levels to disturb flow of the sand and the beasts in it. This would make it easy for James to finish the rest off.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:39 am

"Kay thanks" James says, and motions for Breeze to finish it. She sent out a giant ice beam and froze it over. The monsters stopped crawling out, and everyone finished off the remaining monsters. They stopped to rest for a couple of minutes as they were exhausted. When they were ready, they continued on. They found the village in the middle of the desert, however as they got closer a wave of heat was formed, and the village instantly vanished.

James examined the place. He walked through it and kept walking, but he got nowhere. "Looks like a mirage wall, a wall that shows images of the true place but as you get nearer it disappears. Clever. How do you suppose we get in?"
He thought, and came up with 2 solutions.

"Right. Arneaux, you and Capilet try burrowing underground and entering the city from there. Breeze and I will try to get the mirage wall cold so that it could break. I don't know if these methods will work, but it's better than nothing. Okay Breeze, hit it"

With that, Breeze got to work.
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:20 pm

"Let's go, Capilet. Take it at a steady burrow.". Arneaux sprawled low over Capilet as he burrowed diagonally under the mirage wall. they went on for a bit and started to loose hope. Then the earth began to change composition slightly. "Slowly now, we might be getting close to something.". After a few more feet, an old stone wall appeared in front of them, indicating a cellar of some sort.

"Capilet, go back and tell James about what we found. I'll stay here and try to enter.". As Capilet ascended, Arneaux began chipping away at the old mortar keeping the stones together. Soon, he was able to pry them off and make a small hole. He peered in. It looked like a modest storage cellar, probably owned by an average family. There was no one inside, and Arneaux couldn't hear any footsteps from above. He widened the hole and entered.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:34 pm

The wall was freezing, and that was it. It wasn't revealing or doing anything. He hoped something would happen, and it did. Capilet came out of the burrow, and motioned for James to enter. He and Breeze followed him up to the cellar, and entered. He saw Arneaux inside, and quickly followed him. "Right, best not to draw too much attention. I'll try...uh...ki...ki.....getting the mission done. Follow me, and just be on guard. As I said, not too much attention. Oh yes, Capilet needs to stay hidden somehow. Attracting people with our beasts isn't a good idea. Breeze, into my pocket"

breeze grew no smaller than an eraser, entered his pocket, and James got ready to leave. He checked out the doors and headed towards the castle. Thankfully the streets weren't too populated. It looked like they were in some sort of slum.
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:43 pm

"Im right behind you, James. Capilet, either stay here or attempt to burrow towards the castle. We can't have you drawing attention." As Capilet nodded, Arneaux turned and joined James on the streets. It seemed like this was the part of town where the poor lived or those with large families. Arneaux could smell foods and other things from farther away. They headed towards the large structure which was the castle.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:50 pm

As they got closer, they exited the slum and got towards the more high class part of town. Unfortunately, the town was having a party for the Emperor's birthday. "Why does this have to be so complicated???" he whispered. The emperor was not in sights yet. James presumed he was getting ready to show up at the castle. He slipped through a bunch of people and went towards the road to the castle. As he reached there, he saw that it was heavily guarded.

"We need a distraction. Arneaux, can you do something? I can infiltrate the top of the castle, but Breeze will definately be spotted. I'll be back as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:03 pm

"Consider everyone as good as distracted.". Arneaux knew how to blow things way out of proportion. He ran into the crowd pushing the people away. Soon the crowd had circled around him and called and jeered. Arneaux would put on his show. "But where is the King, I ask!?! Calling him out should do the trick! Appel, Appel!" Along with the loud french call, Arneaux stamped his foot as he would when calling in a fencing match. Using his power, Arneaux made it so that every time he stamped the earth would sink and then peaks would rise elsewhere. This created a large commotion and startled the guards.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:16 pm

James immediately got on Breeze and flew up onto the top towers silently. As he got up, he saw a couple of cards looking to see what was happening. James made an ice wall behind them as close to their bodies as possible. The guards heard something, turned to see what was going on, bmped their heads, and a couple fell off the castle into the moat while the others fell unconcious. "Woops" James said, and turned to go into the castle but not before making the ice wall vanish.

It was certainly easy to get around. It wasn't a very big castle. James saw a bunch of fountains everywhere. He kept searching until he found an unusually giant door. He looked through the keyhole, and saw the Emperor standing there. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to KILL the man, no matter how much trouble he cause Kind Durand. It was his birthday, and the emperor looked really happy.

He thought, then he thought of something. He knocked on the door as the Emperor said "Enter". He opened the door, and James encased him in an ice coffin. "Breeze, help me out here. Take the coffin and bring it back to Arneaux. Come back for me on the top of the castle, ok?". James loaded the coffin onto Breeze's back, and she flew out of the balcony.

James proceeded to leave a note. When he was done, he left it on the door and headed to the top of the castle.

Last edited by James Cooper on Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:44 am

Arneaux almost seemed to enjoy himself making a ruckus. As he continued to disrupt the guards, he saw Breeze flying down to him with something. As she flew by he saw that it was a large block of ice. It had someone encased in it. "That must be the king. Leave him with me, Breeze and try not to let anyone see. I'm going to give us some personal space.". With a final great stamp of the foot, Arneaux created a giant wall that streched across the town, splitting it in half. It would take a long time for anyone to get around it without flying over. Arneaux walked over to the coffin and waited with the king for James.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:12 am

Breeze delivered the Emperor to Arneaux, then headed back to James who was waiting atop the castle. "Good work" he said, and jumped onto her back. They flew back to Arneaux.
"Right, personally I think I've found a way to request what the king wanted without killing him. This time, I'll make a distraction. Bring the Emperor with you, Capilet could probably transport him better. Oh yeah, and he needs an airhole."

James created eye holes, a mouth hole, a nose hole, and ear holes. He gave it to Arneaux, then Breeze swooped down and sang a song. The citizens stopped panicking and started getting drowsy.

When the citizens and guards were drowsy enough, James left on Breeze, and flew outside onto desert terrain once again. He flew slowly, waiting for Arneaux to appear.

Last edited by James Cooper on Wed May 26, 2010 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue
Arneaux Despotier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:23 am

Arneaux lifted the king's coffin onto Capilet. "Lets get this over with. I don't want that slippery thing on my back all day.". "I'm worried. James seems to be stalling his mission. This was supposed to be an assassination, not a kidnapping.". The two of them set of in the direction of James and Breeze, where they would later meet up.
Back to top Go down
James Cooper
Master Knight of Aranov
James Cooper

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:40 am

James met up with Arneaux, and he switched places with the Emperor so that the Emperor rode on Breeze and James rode on Capilet.

They journeyed on, eventually reaching back to Virtue City. James took the icy coffin into the castle and told Arneaux to wait outside. He entered the chamber where the King was sitting. King Durand was just finished consulting an advisor.

"Your majesty, you wanted his head? Well, here it is. Say Happy Birthday to him."

James took the ice coffin, and melted the head part, revealing the Emperor's head. He was very confused.

King Durand took a look at the Emperor, and laughed. When he was done, he said "I see what you have done there. Explain yourself."

"I can not kill this man. Especially on his birthday. Do you have any evidence that this man has done any harm? Has he started a war yet? Has he killed anyone? No. If he had done one of those things I might understand the situation, but you are merely being paranoid your majesty. Forgive me for doing this, but that is my opinion. If he is going to be killed, I will get a force to truly see if he has any evil intentions on the city of Virtue!"

The emperor, very frightened and cold, mumbled out: "Perhaps....we can make a peace contract??"

King Durand took everything he heard from James into account. He tapped his fingers, and finally reached a desicion. "Very well, we shall make a contract."

Once the transaction was done, James exited with the Emperor. "I would like to thank you. Take this medallion as my token of appreciation, James and Arneaux. Take it to the shop, maybe you can enchant it." He winked as he said that. "Now, how am I going to get home?"

"I can get my phoenix here to make a duplicate and fly you home. No problem." James replied, and Breeze made a duplicate of herself. The Emperor got on, waved goodbye, and headed on home. James walked up to Arneaux. "Thanks for everything. I hope we could work together more in the future. I guess I'll escort you back to Equilibrium?"

And, with a cheesy ending, James and Arneaux walked towards Equilibrium, the sun about to set.

Mission End.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James and Arneaux's quest   James and Arneaux's quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James and Arneaux's quest
Page 1 of 1