Battle of the Beasts

Heroes are born Heroes, Slayers are born Slayers. One possesses elemental powers, the other, arcane. Both are born due to the Gods' intervention. They are both protectors and destroyers of civilization. Which path will you take?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet
Money: 0 Pences
Beast Name: Capilet
Village Affiliation: Equilibrium

PostSubject: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 12:54 am

A bright day as Arneaux walked down the streets of Equilibrium. He sighed to him self, such a beautiful day, and I have no money to spend. Arneaux patted his money pouch as he turned towards the mayor's office. He would hope that the Mayor could give him a job to do. Any payment would be worthwhile.

Arneaux jogged up the white marble steps and entered the building. He quickly asked to see whether the Mayor could give him some sort of employment, and after a few minutes, he was ushered into the Mayor's room. "Thank you for seeing me Mr. Mayor. I'd like to ask you something."."Please, take a seat and ask away, fellow citizen.". "I would like to ask whether you would happen to have a job for me. Any job would do. I have credentials if you wish to see them.". "How perfect. I've been meaning to have a package delivered to a friend in Virtue City. I'm sure you could complete this task with ease, and I will pay you for a job well done.". "I appreciate the offer. I'll take it. I too have a friend from Virtue City, he might even be willing to help me. I should go try and meet up with him.". Arneaux stood, shook hands with the mayor, along with taking the package, and exited the office.

Last edited by Arneaux Despotier on Wed May 26, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet
Money: 15500 pence
Beast Name: Venku
Village Affiliation: City of Virtue

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 1:07 am

Lupin was waiting at town square when he saw his friend, Arneaux, exit the office, he waved to the man and approached him.
"So what shall we be doing today I might ask?"
Lupin was being polite but he really was quite impatient to hear the news. He was quite bored with the battles and brawls of his knightly life, so some errands might set him straight.

Meanwhile, Venku flew over from the local church, he enjoyed his rest on the rooftop and was ready to fly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 1:14 am

Arneaux was glad to see Lupin in such eager shape. "We'll be delivering a package to Virtue city. You should know the way well. We could reach there quickly if we go by a steady pace. Capilet is waiting by the trees for us to leave.". Arneaux started with a brisk walk towards the trees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 1:21 am

Lupin and Arneaux climbed upon their respective beasts, and set off. It usually takes a day or two, to or from Equilibrium to get to Virtue city, but on their steeds they could make it five or six hours.

They followed mainly the well-tread pathway that everyone took, but when it was getting dark out they decided to stop by an old abandoned ruin. The place bore resemblance to ancient Norse temples, Lupin had seen his share of them, and when they got to the center of the structure they found something.

It was a chest, inside the chest was presumably something valuable, Lupin was not the kind of person to go around opening chests though, it might of been a trap.
For Arneaux however, he could not predict an outcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 1:30 am

Arneaux gazed at the chest. He knew he would get payed for this job, and that it might be a trap, but being low on funds didn't help his decision making. "I'll open it. Even if its dangerous, we can handle it.". Arneaux drew his Katzbalger and broke the lock. As he kept his sword drawn, he bent down to open the chest.

Suddenly, there was an explosion like sound an gas started to gush out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 1:36 am

The gas from the chest poured out, and the ruins shifted, the outer walls coming together around then, forming a dome. The dome sealed their beasts outside, and prevented escape.

The gas seemed to spread everywhere, the ground was replaced by solid stone, and darkness filled the area. From the indigo gases arose dozens of skeletons. They all brandished weapons; axes, clubs, daggers, and swords surrounded the pair.

Lupin and Arneaux stood back to back, not out of fear, but out of the sheer lack of space from their circling enemies. Lupin drew his sword and brought up his shield, he swung at one skeleton, seeming to damage it by some, but this battle has yet to begin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 am

As the skeletons surrounded Arneaux and Lupin, the voice of Arneaux's German Fencing teacher came to him. 'When facing an opponent where a cutting attack will not work, and blunt force is ideal, the Mordstreich is an alternative choice that can be considered. You grip the blade with both hands and strike your opponent with the pommel. Be sure to wear something to protect yourself from the sharp blade.' Arneaux felt glad that he wore his gloves. He took the sword in an inverted configuration and begun to strike at the skeletons. The hard pommel did heavy damage to the piles of bones. Arneaux was able to guard his side easily, hoping that Lupin would not have to much trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 am

Lupin took the battle seriously.
One skeleton crept up behind him, about to strike, instead of turning to counter however, he jumped ahead and landed on one skeleton, took it's weapon, threw it's armament behind him, and shield bashed another. Then when he saw three coming at him from all directions, he back flipped, crushing one into dust with his boot. He spun around decapitating one at it's neck and essentially discombobulating it. For the last one however, he bashed it's ribs with his shield, and shattered it.

The weak light was slowly dimming. This, combined with distance from Venku, and the effort from the battle, was taking a lot out of him. This was enough to make him falter when trying to take on two more skeletons, allowing one axe to crush into one of his left ribs.

He fell to the ground, gasping for breath as the last of the light escaped from the dome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 4:29 am

As the last skeleton fell, Arneaux sheathed his sword. He look behind him at Lupin. His face was pale and he looked sick. Arneaux glanced around, feeling that it was about time to break out. He reached out with his right arm, as rocks and gravel began to collect around it. He braced himself and punched through the wall that was they're prison. The wall crumbled, and the light seemed to rejuvenate Lupin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 4:35 am

Lupin caught his breath, and stood up.
He walked to the opening, and stood in the light with Venku.
"Thank you Arneaux, I probably wouldn't of lasted very long like that."

Venku knelt over and began healing Lupin's wound with the dim night time light, it would not fix the injury, but it would help him keep until they reached morning. Lupin grabbed blankets from Venku's saddle-bags, and lay them on the ground.
"I suggest to you that we take shifts for watch. I've a feeling that this night will be a long one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 4:50 am

"I've got some energy left in me. I'll double shift so you can get some better rest.". Arneaux walked off to where Capilet was resting. He sat down beside him.
"Why didn't you get us out of there? It could have turned out much worse.".
"I could have easily brought those walls crumbling upon you two. I chose not to risk the possibility of injury. Don't forget that I am always trying to protect you in the best way I can.".
"Then you better stay up with me for this double shift. Don't want any skeletons creeping up on me, do you?".
"Of course, and it seem like Lupin will be alright by morning.".
Arneaux and Capilet waited at their post through the quiet night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 4:56 am

Lupin remained asleep along with Venku.

In the darkness, something from the shattered ruins shifted, making stones fall over and tumble. The rocks shifted, falling and crashing atop each other.

Lupin awoke, saw something lurking in the darkness behind Arneaux, and fell back asleep.

Venku saw the shadow, acknowledged it, and shot a small beam of light at it, alerting Despotier to it, and joined Lupin in the realm of sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 am

Arneaux saw a flash of light behind himself, and as he turned, he noticed Venku's head resting back down. It was a signal that they had felt something. Arneaux felt the determination of Lupin. Even though he was told to rest, Lupin continued to be alert. Arneaux turned fully to see a few remaining skeletons that had escaped. He knew that they were coming out of the ruins. They would be an annoyance for a long time if something wasn't done. Arneaux shot a ball of compact gravel at the skeletons, which broke them into pieces. He then went up to the entrance of the ruins. He didn't know whether to venture in or to simply seal it off. If he got into trouble in there, Lupin would be at a disadvantage. It would be best not to give him more grief. Arneaux placed his hands on the ground in front of him and pushed down and forward. A large hill of rock rose up and blocked the entranceway. He turned around and walked back to Capilet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 am

Lupin woke up for his shift, he motioned to Arneaux to get some rest.

He looked at the hill blocking the dome, and saw a hand jump out at him, it grabbed his throat and started choking him. He wrenched the arm from it's grasp, snapped it in half, and examined the fingers. On one digit their was a golden ruby ring, emanating an eerie blue light.

He picked up the ring, and it turned into dust, he knew that this was a ring from a wraith. They wore cursed jewelry that kept their souls alive and tortured in the body of those who wore them. He knew his job, he broke down the hill, walked into the dome emanating a strong glow from his body. He found every skeleton, and, one by one, broke them and decimated their jewelry.

He emerged minutes later with a pair of golden rings, ones not worn by the wraiths, but they were the ones in the chest. he slipped one on and felt the light around him grow stronger.
He ran to Arneaux, kicked him awake and handed him the other ring with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Sun May 23, 2010 6:57 pm

Arneaux was awakened by the annoying kicks of Lupin. He got up and looked around, seeing that Lupin had entered the dome even after he had put up a barrier. "Looks like you've been busy. What's with this ring? Is it supposed to help us?". Arneaux slipped the ring on, wondering what it would do. He laid back down to get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 am

"It's a pre-cursed wraith ring, they enhance our powers without sealing our sols into them." He looked around, and then sealed the dome back up again with an impenetrable light shield.
Feeling that morning was soon to come, he woke Arneaux and motioned for him to take his shift. This was likely to be the last shift of the night.
He settled down near Venku and caught some sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 am

As Arneaux's final shift came to its end, he witnessed the beautiful sunrise in the horizon. He was glad that they would be able to start riding again. He woke up Lupin for a quick breakfast and called to Capilet. Shortly after, they set out. I'd wager that this package isn't even worth that much. Atleast we can get it delivered today. Arneaux thought as they headed once again for Virtue City.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Mon May 24, 2010 8:00 pm

They made great distance in the next hour, they took a shortcut that Lupin knew well, along a river. The river held a pleasant reflection of them. They didn't see much along the way however, so Lupin decided that a few distractions might help.
"How did you end up being a hero?" Lupin asked over the sounds of beating wings and chasing legs.
"I'd really like to know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Tue May 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Arneaux felt the wind on his face as he glanced at himself in the river. By the time my father had told me that I had been born with something special, I had already been destined to be some sort of hero. I learned the art of European Fencing so that I would be able and willing to protect all who needed protecting, but it seems like that dream has faded away as I live my peaceful, often uneventful life in Equilibrium. Capilet seems to prefer it that way too.. "I'll go along with whatever suits you, Arneaux," Capilet added in his often short responses.
"What of you, Lupin? You seem to have a riotous air that puzzles me.".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Tue May 25, 2010 10:44 pm

"Something happened recently that has thrown me off of balance. You see, normally I am calm and neutral, like you, but on one of my more recent quests the king sent me to kill a man. It is something that I can justify, being how he was a dark druid and therefore deemed unchangeable." Lupin looked ahead at the sky for a moment, and hesitated.
"What the king didn't tell me however, was that the man I was sent to kill was my brother." Lupin let that settle for a moment, for both of them.

Venku saw this opportunity to jump in.
"It's something we've not told anybody."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 am

"This seems like quite the thing to reveal to me. It makes me think about my family and they're safety. Their still living peacefully back in my old home, or so I've last heard. I will not pester you on the subject of your sibling. Let us finish this mission, and get back to having fun.". Arneaux lay on Capilet for the rest of the way, lost in thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupin Ilano
Master Knight of Aranov

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Wed May 26, 2010 3:04 am

The group finally made it to the castle.
"Hey, were here, so what do you think was in that package?"
He asked as they demounted their beasts, he did want to know what this thing was, and what the trouble was for.

They approached the castle gate and Lupin saw that the new recruit he encountered a while ago was gone and replaced with a man that bore full steel armour, hiding his face. Lupin passed him by, taking note. The group entered the large castle, and Lupin gestured for Arneaux to stand forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arneaux Despotier
Rogue

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 am

Arneaux gave a nervous glance at Lupin, and knelt before his majesty. This was a rare occurrence for Arneaux. He rarely knelt before anyone, and had never properly met a king. He took the package in his hands and looked up at the king. "The mayor of Equilibrium sends this package to your highness.". Arneaux handed the package to one of the kings guards. The King exclaimed, "Ah, how perfect. I was just about to have my tea. It was a quick delivery, I may call upon you again, Mr.?". "A...Arneaux Despotier.". Arneaux was amazed, thinking that this was something important. He got up, said fair-well to the King and his men, and left the palace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-   

Back to top Go down

The Quest of Despotier and Ilano -Complete-
Page 1 of 1